Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), is the scheme which was inaugrated by the Current Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi on the eve of Independence, 15 August 2014. The scheme is for the people of age group 18 to 65 years. It is a Financial Inclusion scheme. PMJDY is to make the financial services accessible and affordable by the people as it consist of the bank accounts, remittances, credit, insurance and pensions.
Slogan of scheme
Mera Khatha, Bhagya Vidhatha
Which means My account brings me good Fortune.
Benefits of Scheme
Benefits of the scheme PMJDY has been listed as follows:
- The Bank account opened under the PMJDY need no balance in the account.
- The Account can be opened under the KYC norms.
- Account Holder will be given a Rupay debit Card.
- Biometric pervading of the Bank account is provided to the customers.
- Business correspondents are engaged in the work for the opening of the account in the areas where the banks are not present.
- DBT means the Scheme function according to the Direct Benefit Transfer of the insurance of the people claiming it on the accidential or death.
- ₹.2.00 lac. provide life cover, and death of the candidate amount of ₹. 30,000/- of the candidate registered with the scheme.
- Contender can transfer money from the Bank account to other.
- The account opened at the zero balance.
- Seeker can get the Cheque Book issued by paying the Minimum price applicable for the same to the bank.
Implementation of PMJDY
Nearby bank can be approached to open the bank account for the scheme or you can also acess the link given below to know more about the scheme Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
Therefore the seeker can get the insurance scheme registered by opening a Bank account. The application form can also be obtained from the official site whose Link given above.