The Government of India Launched various schemes or the uplighting of the farmers of India. So as the scheme named as the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana and it is shorten as the PMFBY was launched in the year 2016 by the Prime Minister Mr. Narender Modi. The Scheme has rolled back all the schemes which were functioning such as National Agriculture Insurance Scheme (NAIS), Modified National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (MNAIS) and the Weather-based Crop Insurance scheme.
Objective of the Scheme
The objective behind to launch the PMFBY scheme whereas the other schemes were in function. PMFBY is to enhance the flow of credit to the farming Sector.
- To maintain the balance of the income from the Farming.
- Encourage farmer during the crop failure due to the natural calamities, pests & diseases by providing them financial help in the form of Insurance.
- To embolden the people for the adoption of new technology.
Coverage of Scheme
Crops are covered under the risk of natural calamities such as hailstones, drought, Flood, Cyclone, Lightning and the under non preventable causes of crop failure. Insurance scheme PMFBY covers the crop insurance from the sowing, standing, harvesting, Post Harvest and the Other Localized Risks.
- Cereal Crops, Millets and Pulses or other Food Grains
- Oilseeds Crops
- Commercial crops or Horticultural crops harvested annually
- malevolent damage
- avoidable risks
- Loss caused due to war and nuclear risks
The Farmer has to pay the premium of 2% on Kharif Crop, 1.5% on Rabi Crop and 5% on Commercial Crops. Farmer has to pay the low premium through the bank account as the remaining premium is to be paid by the government.
Candidates belonging to the reserved categories such as SC/ST/OBC, scheme prove to be beneficial.
- No tax is implemented for the premium amount for PMFBY Insurance
Link above can be accessed to grab the benefit of the PMFBY.
Documents such as application form, land details, bank account details, Crop details, Identity proof and Aadhaar card, Ration Card.
You can approach the Bank for the scheme application or official site above.The claim for the scheme can be obtained from the bank or cooperatives.